Keeping it local
It is of course the responsibility of the businesses in the Broadway to make sure they provide customers with the goods and services they want. Without a commitment to keep giving great value, service and convenience businesses would not survive. But to guarantee its future it needs continual support from local shoppers:
With a thriving Broadway, keeping it local quite simply makes sense for everybody:
- More environmentally friendly – less out of town car journeys to supermarkets.
- A busy focal point – Meet friends, see the world go by, have a coffee!
- Supporting local residents – Many may not be able to make the journey out of Thorpe Bay to get the things they need.
- More choice – We have thriving independent shops and businesses, rather than rows of national chains.
- Convenience – It’s just around the corner, it’s easy to park and the people and shops are nice!
If there is anything else you would like your favourite shops and businesses to do or sell – please tell them!
This website is a community project owned and managed by Chris Gardner (Owner of Gardners Thorpe Bay) & Bill Connell (IT expert and all round tech guy!)